Let’s Make Risotto!
|6 February, 2011||Posted by Racine Verwolf under Recipes, Recipes, Sassy Videos|
*Please note: as of July, 2011, we became a vegan family. While this recipe does contain animal products, I am leaving it here as it can be veganized. I no longer encourage the use of meat or other animal products.
If you haven’t tired Risotto, or have been less than thrilled with previous attempts, give this simple recipe a shot. It leaves a lot of room for personal touches by giving you a perfect risotto base to start with.
- Chop the garlic into small pieces and put into a medium saucepan with 2T. of butter. Heat over medium heat until the butter just starts to get bubbly
- Pour in the rice
- Heat your
chickenveggie stock on low heat in a small saucepan
- Don’t stir the rice too much, let it simmer for a minute and then turn it so it cooks evenly. You want the rice to turn transparent.
- When it starts to reach transparency, pour in the wine. Cook on medium-high heat until all liquid is absorbed.
- Begin adding the chicken stock, ladling it in ½ Cup at a time.
- It is normal for it to seem too soupy at this point, over time the rice will soak up the stock.
- If it begins to absorb too quickly, turn down the heat and place a cover over the pan, leaving a small vent in the side. This will prevent too much liquid from evaporating before allowing the rice to absorb it.
- Add the last T. of butter and add your shredded (vegan)cheese and Mix it in well.
Parmesan CheeseNutritional yeast to taste, I usually add about a ¼ cup.
- Garnish with some dried basil and a little extra Nutritional yeast and serve hot!